To give an XOEarth Challenge:
1/ Ask a friend, business or anyone else to take an eco logical action.
3/ Optional: Ask the person or biz if they would prefer something else from you, instead of what you have offered to give them.
When giving someone a challenge, it is your choice whether you tell the person or biz in advance that you would like to Honor them for completing the challenge, or you may choose to surprise them with the XOEarth Honors or XOEarth Award once they have taken the eco action.
Challenge examples include requesting and then rewarding friends for taking actions that protect our climate such as:
• burn little or no gasoline
• eat a plant based diet - vegan or vegetarian
• make your job good for the planet - or quit and get a green job
• live close to work
• make your home energy efficient
• turn the air conditioner way down little or off
• turn the heater way down or off
• buy solar or wind energy credits for home and biz
• burn little or no jet fuel
• use alternative transportation
• volunteer with eco organizations
• donate to environmental organizations
• donate to eco candidates
• canvass, lobby and vote to eco our government
• make love, not babies
• quit your job to take eco logical jobs
• show your profession or industry how to make it green
• boycott over-packaged products - unless it is not possible
• honor and reward others for their eco work every day
• boycott single serving products - unless it is not possible
• grow some food for yourself and others
• boycott single use products - unless it is absolutely not possible
• carbon offset part of - or all - of our energy use
• consider the Green Minute Rule in every decision
• put on tats, tags and/or style to rep Team Earth
• speak and promote eco logic everywhere, every day
• get eco sexy
It is especially crucial that we challenge and honor others for taking actions that help stop global warming.
Another way to invite others to take a challenge is to print and give out the XOEarth Challenge notes - found at the bottom of the XOEarth Awards page.
When making a challenge, sometimes it works to say, "if you would like some other reward from me, instead of __(whatever you are offering)__, what would it be, in return for the eco action that you take?"
Check out these superb organizations to find other ideas for Eco Challenges ::
when you make an XOEarth Challenge,
or when you honor your peeps
or a business for successfully completing
an XOEarth Challenge.