To get some GreenBeanz::
• If you are selling something, offer a GreenBeanz sell price — the amount that a buyer can donate to one of your favorite enviro groups to get the thing you are selling for “free” for making that donation. [Watch them make donation online to verify they made the donation.]
• If you are buying something from a biz that offers GreenBeanz — offset your carbon footprint by buying GreenBeanz along with your purchase.
• Play the GreenBeanz real life offset games with friends to offset the carbon of your purchases and things you do that makes CO2.
• When businesses don’t offer GreenBeanz offsets, keep track of your purchases and then use CarbonFund.org or others to offset your CO2.
• Ask your local businesses to offer the GreenBeanz offsets, and help them set it up.
• Check out more ways to reduce and get a sleek carbon footprint with these other superb organizations.
• Put on the ink to get your friends to join the Green Beanz thing — with the GreenBeanz symbol and words on your clothing and things, by using your talents, and via your emails, blog entries, art, words and media.
Whether or not you join GreenBeanz — have fun with your own carbon offset strategy for our priceless biosphere.
The GreenBeanz mission is to find cool ways to offset the carbon footprint of things we buy, we sell and the energy we use — so we can give back to our planet when we take from it.
• GreenBeanz Biz::
Carbon offsets offered to customers at the time of purchase that are donated to wind power, solar power and other green energy projects.
• GreenBeanz Sell::
Offer a GreenBeanz price on something you sell — the buyer then donates to one of your favorite enviro groups to get the thing you are selling.
• GreenBeanz Games:: Play these carbon offset games to give friends a chance to win some stuff — and help slow down climate change.
• GreenBeanz / EcoLotto:: Enter yourself or a friend in our free $4,444 eco-lottery for offsetting your carbon footprint.
• GreenBeanz Vision:: Draw or put on the GreenBeanz symbol or words to show others that you are offsetting your carbon footprint.
If you are selling things, offer a special GreenBeanz Sell price that a buyer can donate to one of your favorite enviro groups to get the thing you are selling for “free”.
They can get a tax deduction and you get to help the planet.
Of course, feel free to offer a regular price as well. You may make the regular price lower (or higher) if your prefer.
When the buyer is with you to make the purchase, go online, watch them make donation the donation with their credit card online, to verify they make the payment.
If you want to be sure that a person does not make a donation and reverse the charges shortly thereafter, list the item on EBay and use EBay Giving Works. The buyer can then pay for the item when you give them the thing you are selling. However, your favorite organizations must be on EBay’s Giving Works approved list. And yessss!!! EBay will refund the selling fees if the money is donated to one of these pre-approved organizations,
Another quick way to make sure that a person does not make a donation and reverse the charges shortly thereafter, watch them make a contribution via their own EBay account via the Giving Works.
The GreenBeanz in-store carbon offset is a way for customers to offset the carbon footprint of a product they are buying. Businesses may also choose to match and offset a percentage of the customers’ offset as well.
Here’s how the GreenBeanz in-store carbon offset works. When a customer is paying for a purchase at a store, they may see a sign and/or will be asked by the clerk if they would like to add GreenBeanz to their purchase.
If the customer asks what GreenBeanz is about, the clerk can say, “for an additional 5% (or another relevant %) you can offset the carbon footprint for this purchase/product.”
The clerk may say, “The money we collect for GreenBeanz will be sent to [the carbonfund.org/ or other non-profit org] who will make sure your GreenBeanz donation is invested in wind, solar and other renewable projects that help reduce the net CO2 emissions of this purchase.”
If the business is matching a percentage of that offset, the clerk might also say, “Plus, for every dollar our customers contribute to offset the carbon footprint of their purchase, we will add 25¢.
Eco citizens can help make the GreenBeanz in-store carbon offset happen by asking businesses, “Please offer a carbon offset when we buy your products to help stop climate change and global warming”.
The GreenBeanz offsets collected from customer by a business will be forwarded to the CarbonFund.org, or some other renewable energy offset organization. Customers will get to decide whether or not to purchase the offset.
Businesses are also invited to match each of the customer’s offsets with their own GreenBeanz offset contribution — either in full or a portion of.
To help a business get started::
• Estimate how much it takes to offset the carbon footprints for the average product or department in a store. Check out ecofx.org for help and resources.
• Set up a Green Beanz offset button or a code on the cash registers so that the business will be able to track and send in the appropriate amount of offsets contributed by the customers’.
• Print GreenBeanz signs and put them in the store’s window and at the cash register.
• Each month, the business can post a notice stating how much their store has been collected and sent to the CarbonFund.org in the previous month. (A little chalkboard to post the amount looks good.)
• It’s also great if the store offers to match a customer’s offset to some degree. A 100% matching contribution would be superb.
• Hopefully CarbonFund.org will be able to post how much the stores are have contributed month by month to allow tracking of contributions.
Plus, here are two GreenBeanz sister projects that businesses are welcomed to join as well:
The XOEarth Credit/ discount is a superb program that businesses can add alongside their GreenBeans program. The XOEarth Credit offers a discount to eco customers who bring in a *Love letter to the Earth* that they have written describing an eco action(s) they have taken in the last week, or XOEarth money. *Participating businesses* will be listed here.
Businesses are also invited to take the XO Earth Biz Pledge to show they are willing to give back 1% to the planet via their biz. Feel free to print it, sign it, post it in your business’s windows, in advertising and around your store.
All businesses are asked to offer customers the GreenBeanz offset by 2016.
Envision… hundreds of businesses offering a carbon offset option to their customers, and matching part or all of the customers’ contributions to show their commitment to help protect our exquisite planet.
Envision… billions of people taking more eco actions once they feel the good vibe of helping the planet by offsetting their carbon footprint with a bunch of cool ways — and thus helping create a truly “ecological society”.
Help manifest this vision to protect our planet’s future — help start GreenBeanz at businesses in your area — go Team Earth.
For all the life that loves to live, Stele Ely
GreenBeanz is a good way for adults, students, teachers and kids to work together to stop global warming, to promote school spirit, to support peace, and raise money for environmental clubs.
Contact us for club and school materials, or to have us come talk to your group abou Green Beanz and global warming.
Play the GreenBeanz carbon offset games with your friends to offset the carbon footprint of your and your friends’ purchases and other stuff that makes CO2.
#1 GreenBeanz game #1 is a real life carbon offset game. It’s all about getting your friends to start taking eco actions that will offset part of your carbon footprint.
For example, let’s say you buy a new jacket (an eco fleece shell) that has a carbon footprint of 30 kilograms (66 pounds). If you get a friend to bike to work for 100 miles (based on 35 mpg), or, carpool an extra 300 miles, or, get them to bring their reusable coffee mug instead of using 5 paper cups — then you get to claim the carbon offset towards the purchase of your jacket. To estimate the equivalents for this offset game check out ecofx.org.
Then, if your friend continues biking, carpooling or using their mug, their future carbon offsets (or reducing) are applyed to the carbon offset in their own life. In other words, because you helped get someone started in reducing their carbon footprint, the first carbon offset actions they take are applyed to your own purchases or other CO2 producing choices. After a few times of taking that offset action, they get the credit applied towards their own carbon footprint if they keep taking those actions.
#2 Green Beanz game #2 is played to offset part of a friend’s carbon footprint with an offset action that you take or buy. Then give the offset to them as a gift. You can say, “I offset the (carbon footprint of your purchase [or] carbon footprint of an action that you have taken that creates CO2) as a gift to you and the planet.” This will encourage the friend to offset their own carbon footprint in the future.
#3 To play Green Beanz game #3, offer to give a friend (or others) an XOEarth Honor if they will offset part (or all) of their carbon footprint with specific actions or by purchasing carbon offsets. XOEarth Honors has lots of rad ways to challenge and thank others for reducing or offsetting their carbon footprint.
#4 To play Green Beanz game #4, offer to sponsor half (or some other portion) of a friend’s carbon footprint offset for a purchase or other CO2 thingy with CarbonFund.org (or other offset non-profit) if they will pay for the other half. Or, if you are both buying the same product or taking the same doing the same CO2 making thing, offer to offset your CO2 if your friend will offset theirs.
Game #5 is on the way. If you have a GreenBeanz game idea, email us or post it on XOEarth Facebook.
Lifestyle choices are the main way to get a sleek carbon footprint. Reducing is the best strategy. Offsetting is the next strategy, when reducing is not possible. Scope out the *Green Living Toolkit* — by the NRDC — and these other resources for eco things you can do for our sweet biosphere.
• Sierra Club
• Wilderness Society
• Sea Shepherd
• World Wildlife Federation
• Union of Concerned Scientists
• Environmental Defense
• The Nature Conservancy
• Earth Island
• Carbon Fund
> Get your GreenBeanz carbon offsets so we can get back towards 350 parts per million of CO2 — to slow climate change.
> The global GreenBeanz party is on the 4th Saturday of each month. Feel free to start a GreenBeanz party/dance in your area.
> We hope to do a GreenBeanz Honors Pledge and card.
You will be able to print and sign a membership pledge/ card to show that you have pledged to offset part — or all — of your carbon footprint with 1 or more offset actions every day.
> Signup for the monthly XOEarth Newsletter.
> Honor friends for offsetting their carbon footprint with XOEarth Awards, Kisses, Cartwheels, Art and more.
> Print and sign the upcoming GreenBeanz member card, and print cards to give to friends.
> Draw, paint or sew the words GreenBeanz (or a drawing of a greenbean) on your clothing, personal belongings and/or skin* to show others that you offset your carbon foorprint. Blue or green pens, markers, paint or embroidery can be used to put the GreenBeanz or a drawing of a greenbean-person on clothing and belongings.
Cool Ways To Offset Your Carbon Footprint