doing a carbon deal for the biosphere
Use these rad Carbon Offset tools to reduce the damage from your greenhouse gases, then use GreenBeanz, Honors and Eros to reward yourself and friends’ doing so. Let’s help extend the life of our marvelous but dying planet cool so we can have more fun.
• If you prefer – feel free to invest your calculated carbon offset dollars in one of the other environmental organizations that are working hard to protect our climate via other hands-on-projects, incentive programs or climate protection – instead of sending your offset dollars to CarbonFund.org or elsewhere.
• If you are selling something, offer a GreenBeanz sell price — the amount that a buyer can donate to one of your favorite enviro groups to get the thing you are selling for “free” or at a discount for making that donation.
• XOEarth Eros is the place to find romantic and adult ways to reward yourself and close friends’ for carbon offsetting.
• Play the GreenBeanz real life offset games with friends to offset the carbon of your purchases and things you do that makes CO2.
• Have your business or ask other businesses to offer the GreenBeanz offsets. Then, when you are buying something from a biz that offers GreenBeanz — offset your carbon footprint by buying GreenBeanz along with your purchase.
• Of course it is better to reduce your carbon emissions in the first place, instead of having to offset them. So find hundreds of powerful methods to get a sleek and righteous carbon footprint from the superb organizations we have listed below in our sleek section.
• So join the GreenBeanz movement by using one or more of the tools above to craft your carbon offset strategy for our priceless biosphere.
The GreenBeanz mission is to find cool ways to offset the carbon footprint of things we buy, we sell and the energy we use — so we can give back to our planet when we take from it.
• GreenBeanz Sell::
Offer a GreenBeanz price on something you sell — the buyer then donates to one of your favorite enviro groups to get the thing you are selling.
• GreenBeanz Games:: Play these carbon offset games to give friends a chance to win some stuff — and help slow down climate change.
• GreenBeanz Biz::
Carbon offsets offered to customers at the time of purchase that are donated to wind power, solar power and other green energy projects.
• GreenBeanz / EcoLotto:: Enter yourself or a friend in our free $4,444 eco-lottery for offsetting your carbon footprint.
• GreenBeanz Vision:: Draw or put on the GreenBeanz symbol or words when you offset your carbon footprint – to show others that you have carbon offset and to inspire them to join you.
If you are selling things, offer a special GreenBeanz Sell price that a buyer can donate to one of your favorite enviro groups to get the thing you are selling for Free or for a discount.
They can get a tax deduction and you get to help the planet.
Of course, feel free to offer a regular price as well. You may make the regular price lower (or higher) if your prefer.
When the buyer is with you to make the purchase, go online, watch them make donation the donation with their credit card online, to verify they make the payment.
If you want to be sure that a person does not make a donation and reverse the charges shortly thereafter, list the item on EBay and use EBay Giving Works. The buyer can then pay for the item when you give them the thing you are selling. However, your favorite organizations must be on EBay’s Giving Works approved list. And yessss!!! EBay will refund the selling fees if the money is donated to one of these pre-approved organizations,
Another quick way to make sure that a person does not make a donation and reverse the charges shortly thereafter, watch them make a contribution via their own EBay account via the Giving Works.
The GreenBeanz in-store carbon offset is a way for customers to offset the carbon footprint of a product they are buying. Businesses may also choose to match and offset a percentage of the customers’ offset as well.
Here’s how the GreenBeanz in-store carbon offset works. When a customer is paying for a purchase at a store, they may see a sign and/or will be asked by the clerk if they would like to add GreenBeanz to their purchase.
If the customer asks what GreenBeanz is about, the clerk can say, “for an additional 5% (or another relevant %) you can offset the carbon footprint for this purchase/product.”
The clerk may say, “The money we collect for GreenBeanz will be sent to [the carbonfund.org/ or other non-profit org] who will make sure your GreenBeanz donation is invested in wind, solar and other renewable projects that help reduce the net CO2 emissions of this purchase.”
If the business is matching a percentage of that offset, the clerk might also say, “Plus, for every dollar our customers contribute to offset the carbon footprint of their purchase, we will add 25¢.
Eco citizens can help make the GreenBeanz in-store carbon offset happen by asking businesses, “Please offer a carbon offset when we buy your products to help stop climate change and global warming”.
The GreenBeanz offsets collected from customer by a business will be forwarded to the CarbonFund.org, or some other renewable energy offset organization. Customers will get to decide whether or not to purchase the offset.
Businesses are also invited to match each of the customer’s offsets with their own GreenBeanz offset contribution — either in full or a portion of.
To help a business get started::
• Estimate how much it takes to offset the carbon footprints for the average product or department in a store. Check out ecofx.org for help and resources.
• Set up a Green Beanz offset button or a code on the cash registers so that the business will be able to track and send in the appropriate amount of offsets contributed by the customers’.
• Print GreenBeanz signs and put them in the store’s window and at the cash register.
• Each month, the business can post a notice stating how much their store has been collected and sent to the CarbonFund.org in the previous month. (A little chalkboard to post the amount looks good.)
• It’s also great if the store offers to match a customer’s offset to some degree. A 100% matching contribution would be superb.
• Hopefully CarbonFund.org will be able to post how much the stores are have contributed month by month to allow tracking of contributions.
Plus, here are two GreenBeanz sister projects that businesses are welcomed to join as well:
The XOEarth Credit/ discount is a superb program that businesses can add alongside their GreenBeans program. The XOEarth Credit offers a discount to eco customers who bring in a *Love letter to the Earth* that they have written describing an eco action(s) they have taken in the last week, or XOEarth money. *Participating businesses* will be listed here.
Businesses are also invited to take the XO Earth Biz Pledge to show they are willing to give back 1% to the planet via their biz. Feel free to print it, sign it, post it in your business’s windows, in advertising and around your store.
All businesses are asked to offer customers the GreenBeanz offset by 2016.
Envision… hundreds of businesses offering a carbon offset option to their customers, and matching part or all of the customers’ contributions to show their commitment to help protect our exquisite planet.
Envision… billions of people taking more eco actions once they feel the good vibe of helping the planet by offsetting their carbon footprint with a bunch of cool ways — and thus helping create a truly “ecological society”.
Help manifest this vision to protect our planet’s future — help start GreenBeanz at businesses in your area — go Team Earth.
For all the life that loves to live, Stele Ely
GreenBeanz is a good way for students, teachers, businesses and parents to work together to stop global warming, to promote school spirit, to support peace, and raise money for environmental clubs.
Contact us for club and school materials, or to have us come talk to your group about Green Beanz and global warming.
Play the GreenBeanz carbon offset games with your friends to offset the carbon footprint of your and your friends’ purchases and other stuff that makes CO2.
#1 GreenBeanz game #1 is a real life carbon offset game. It’s all about getting your friends to start taking eco actions that will offset part of your carbon footprint.
For example, let’s say you buy a new jacket (an eco fleece shell) that has a carbon footprint of 30 kilograms (66 pounds). If you get a friend to bike to work for 100 miles (based on 35 mpg), or, carpool an extra 300 miles, or, get them to bring their reusable coffee mug instead of using 5 paper cups — then you get to claim the carbon offset towards the purchase of your jacket. To estimate the equivalents for this offset game check out ecofx.org.
Then, if your friend continues biking, carpooling or using their mug, their future carbon offsets (or reducing) are applied to the carbon offset in their own life. In other words, because you helped get someone started in reducing their carbon footprint, the first carbon offset actions they take are applied to your own purchases or other CO2 producing choices. After a few times of taking that offset action, they get the credit applied towards their own carbon footprint if they keep taking those actions.
#2 Green Beanz game #2 is played to offset part of a friend’s carbon footprint with an offset action that you take or buy. Then give the offset to them as a gift. You can say, “I offset the (carbon footprint of your purchase [or] carbon footprint of an action that you have taken that creates CO2) as a gift to you and the planet.” This will encourage the friend to offset their own carbon footprint in the future.
#3 To play Green Beanz game #3, offer to give a friend (or others) an XOEarth Honor if they will offset part (or all) of their carbon footprint with specific actions or by purchasing carbon offsets. XOEarth Honors has lots of rad ways to challenge and thank others for reducing or offsetting their carbon footprint.
#4 To play Green Beanz game #4, offer to sponsor half (or some other portion) of a friend’s carbon footprint offset for a purchase or other CO2 thingy with CarbonFund.org (or other offset non-profit) if they will pay for the other half. Or, if you are both buying the same product or taking the same doing the same CO2 making thing, offer to offset your CO2 if your friend will offset theirs.
Game #5 is on the way. If you have a GreenBeanz game idea, email us or post it on XOEarth Facebook.
Ecological lifestyle choices are the main way to get a sleek, great looking carbon footprint. Reducing is first and most powerful strategy. Scope out the list of resources below for eco things you can do for our sweet biosphere.
When reducing is not possible, offsetting is the next strategy. Calculate the carbon offset you need via CarbonFund.org, TerraPass.org or NativeEnergy.org. Then invest in their carbon offset projects or donate the same amount in one or more of the organizations listed below that are working hard to slow climate change.
• Sierra Club
• NRDC *Green Living Toolkit*
• Environmental Defense
• The Nature Conservancy
• Earth Island
• Sea Shepherd
• Wilderness Society
• World Wildlife Federation
• Union of Concerned Scientists
• Carbon Fund
• Terra Pass
• Native Energy
> Get your GreenBeanz carbon offsets going so we can slow the CO2 atmospheric concentration that is heating our planet. CO2 is about 400 parts per million now.
> We hope to do a GreenBeanz Honors Pledge and card. Then you will be able to print and sign a membership pledge/ card to show that you have pledged to offset part — or all — of your carbon footprint.
> Signup for the monthly XOEarth Newsletter for GreenBeanz and other XOEarth updates.
> Draw, paint or sew the words GreenBeanz (or a drawing of a greenbean) on your clothing, personal belongings and/or skin* to show others that you offset your carbon footprint. Blue or green pens, markers, paint or embroidery can be used to put the GreenBeanz or a drawing of a greenbean-person on clothing and belongings.
Cool Ways To Offset Your Carbon Footprint