Explore XOEarth Honors for some fun ways to challenge and thank peeps for taking actions that help save our exquisite planet – with art, songs, dance and awards that you make or find here at XOEarth.
• Art. Song. Word.
Here are a bunch of ideas for using music, arts, pics, tats and other media to honor eco friends and others.
• Awards. Money.
Give these styling environmental awards and eco cash to friends and businesses for their eco actions.
• Jump. Dance. Kiss.
XOEarth kisses, dances, cheers, cartwheels, handshakes and belly waves are fun to give to friends for their eco actions.
Invite friends and businesses to take an eco action, in exchange for one of the XOEarth Honors that you promise to give them, or ask them what they would like in return.
• Bracelet. Bandana. Bling.
Excellent XOEarth eco thankyou bracelets, necklaces and headbands that are easy to make.
Play XOEarth eco games anywhere to give friends a chance to win cool things from you.
• Credit. Discount.
Discounts and rewards that businesses can give to eco customers.
Enter our little eco-lottery for a chance to win $4,444 for your eco actions.
• Facebook and Newsletter
For the latest Honors ideas join XOEarth Facebook or sign up for our XOEarth Newsletter.
Whether you are using your talent to give XOEarth Honors or tweak what you find at XOEarth.org, have fun cheering on your friends, strangers and bizzes when they help save our biosphere – and therefore our lives.
we will turn this into a snazzy card for everyone if requested
if anyone asks for a printable card version we will make it
Words for Honoring.
• “Here’s an XOEarth to thank you for taking that eco action for our planet.” (A few eco actions include biking to work, using a clothesline, carrying re-usable food containers, using compact fluorescents, completing an XOEarth Challenge)
• “Thanks for taking that awesome eco logical action that will extend the life of our exquisite planet. Here’s an XOEarth to honor you for taking that eco action.”
• “Here’s an XOEarth (environmental award) to honor you for completing the *eco challenge* that I gave you.”
• “Thanks for taking that superb environmental action that will extend the life of our exquisite planet, and therefore, thanks for saving my life too. Here’s an XOEarth for taking that action.”
• “Here’s an XOEarth to thank you for the next nice thing you do for the planet.”
• “Tell me about something cool you have done for the planet in the last month, and I’ll give you an XOEarth.”
• Paste an XOEarth Environmental Award or Money into an email or blog with a message saying, “Thanks for taking that superb eco logical action .”
• “Thanks for the awesome eco logical action you take this year that will extend the life of our exquisite but dying planet.” (This is a good line to say to anyone anywhere – even if you don’t know what actions they will take for the planet. It’s often not necessary to give another Honor in addition to this line.)
• “Thanks for the awesome eco logical action you take this year that will save my life.” (Here is another good line to say to anyone anywhere. Even if you don’t know what eco actions they will take. Great conversation starter. And although it sounds a bit bold, it works quite well and is one of XOEarth Man’s and others’ favorites!)
Here’s a little more about the various XOEarth Honors environmental awards ::
The Songs. Words. Art. page has ideas for handmade cards, writing a future story, folding paper birds that fly or doing an eco drawing. There are cheers, XO tattoos, jokes, poetry and photography ideas too. >>
XOEarth Environmental Awards and XOEarth Money are a classy way to honor others for making ecological choices or for taking environmental actions. To use them digitally, copy and paste any of the XOEarth Award images and send them via email, post on Facebook or use them in blog posts to honor eco friends, eco employees and others. Or, print-out the XOEarth Awards and then give them to eco friends and others. >>
The *Slow* XOEarth Awards have a place on the front where you can write the eco action a friend has taken, and a place to add your signature. The *Fast* XOEarth Awards don’t have to be filled out and look more like money. >>
An XOEarth Credit/ Discount is a credit that businesses give to eco customers if they bring in a *Love letter to the Earth* stating what they have done for the planet in the last week, or, bring in eco money that they have received from others for their eco actions. Eco conscious businesses are invited to check out XOEarth Credit and our GreenBeanz Carbon Offset project for more info. >>
Do the XOEarth Twinkle – by wiggling fingers that are pointing up – to thank businesses and friends for the environmental actions they take. The XOEarth Twinkle can also be used to honor challenges met, or in Occupy ecofx business actions. The E Twinkle melds the E Handsign and the twinkle handsign that was started by the Occupy movement. >>
Dress up as an XOEarth Man or XOEarth Woman when you thank people for their eco actions. Also, call on Boulder’s XOEarth Man to come sing XOEarth Awards live or via video for your friends or employees. XOEarth Man can sing eco challenges and/or give XOEarth Awards at your biz, school or party or via skype, phone or custom video. >>
There is an updated XOEarth Honors version!! Ask us and we will update this page with the new version!!
**This pledge used to be called EarthE Honors. We will make a proper XOEarth Honors Pledge card if you want it, so please contact us.**
To fit the most cards on a page, set the printing margins to the smallest values possible. Use “Page Setup” and/or “Print Preview” to adjust the margin values.
Before printing, adjust the margins by entering “0” for all margins. The browser and printer will then re-apply the smallest default value available.
In most cases, the cards will be 3.5 inches wide when printed. If the cards are not this size when you print them, open the “Print Preview’ window and then adjust the scale/percentage to 100%.
If you are not printing in color, printing with black ink on colored paper is a good option. We give out cards printed with black ink on colored paper at schools and fairs — and they work great.
Printing the XOEarth Pledge cards on heavier paper is a nice — but optional.
Have fun flashing your XOEarth Honors Pledge cards to others to encourage them to join you in creating eco media, and to help empower a visible ecological society.
Feel free to print and give away a bunch of un-signed XOEarth Honors cards too. If you prefer to write out the pledge/ card that’s super fine.
So dive into XOEarth Honors to join us in manifesting a world that honors people for taking actions that help extend the life of our biosphere, and for not taking actions that hurt our air, water, land and climate.
“Give an XOEarth Honor a day to help keep pollution, cancer, extinction and climate-zilla away.”